Saturday, March 14, 2009

Part 2

Last week I was struck by the word delight. This week I am too, only in a completely different context…

I was reading what Paul had to say in 2 Cor 12-
“That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecution, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

I had to re-read it.. I DELIGHT in weakness…

This takes on an entirely different context for me. I admit that I don’t delight at all in my weakness. In fact, I don’t like them at all. Yet, it is my very weakness which is the threshold for Christ’s power resting in me. If I didn’t have weakness or hardship in my life, why would I have to lean on Christ and press into hear His voice and see Him work things out? If I sincerely want His power in my life, then there is no other option but to delight in weakness. It is in that place that an exchange happens, where I admit my need for Jesus and He rescues me.

Same with Liliana.. she is just a toddler and is weak. The other day she was playing with her toys and her foot got stuck in her little storage container. She tried as hard as she could to get free, but she was too weak. She cried to me for help and I was able to rescue her. She didn’t try to hide her weakness or difficulty; she knew I could rescue her if she just cried out to me in her struggle.

Same with Chris.. if I didn’t have difficult days or weak moments, when would he have opportunity to hold me and encourage me and be my “knight” to save the day? All he would have would be an independent wife living a separate life, instead of being one and leaning on her beloved.

So, I am re-thinking this word delight and hopefully I can learn to delight in all things.

No comments: