Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Journals Journals More Journals

Last year I started an annual tradition of going on a solitude retreat. We have a few Catholic monasteries near us where people can go to spend a day or a week (or more) in solitude and prayer. So I did my 2nd solitude retreat a few weeks ago overnight at one of these Catholic places.

For this retreat I packed up ALL of my journals. I have written in journals since I was a teenager and they are in a big plastic container in my closet. So I brought them with me and literally spent hours going through each one. What a rich experience! I forgot half of what I have done or experienced and it was so great to have these journals to look on.

Since my retreat I find myself going back to these different seasons of life in my mind and realizing I have actually led an interesting life. I have actually done some adventurous acts. God is actually real and wants to have an engaging thriving relationship with me.

It makes me want more.

My prayers have been bolder the past few weeks, my passions re-stirred, and my desire to see other people's dreams realized has increased. I am so excited to start a church in Madison and see people realize their dreams and go make a difference for the kingdom of God. It's time.

No comments: