Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Little Note

Today I came home from meeting a new girl at an Indian Restaurant and there was a note attached to my door. I opened it up and it was a hand made thank you note from our upstairs neighbors. It made my day!

Our first week here Liliana had a hard time going to sleep in her new environment. My daughter has LOUD pipes, so she was wailing at the top of her lungs at some points and just couldn’t be calmed down. I have never lived in an apartment before, so I had no idea if our neighbors could hear and if they officially hated us for moving in. So, I decided to bake some chocolate chip cookies that Liliana and I could deliver to the neighbors as a way to meet them and apologize for them having to deal with her adjustment. Last week I met the girls upstairs- they are sisters and have a cat that Liliana loves. When I gave them the cookies at first, they seemed like they didn’t know how to take me and to be honest I kind of felt like June Cleaver minus the pearls. Anyway, they assured me that they couldn’t hear Liliana and welcomed me to Madison.

Then today was their sweet note thanking me for the delicious cookies. I like these girls already!

No comments: