Friday, June 4, 2010

summer thoughts

i am sitting listening to the summer rain outside my window while my daughter is playing picnic with her baby doll.
i am appreciative of summer. i have been eating lots of ice cold watermelon the past two weeks, walking to do many of my errands, sleeping in, and just enjoying a slower pace of life that summer brings.

i was thinking back to when i was in jr high. on summer vacation i would sleep in until noon, get up to make a sandwich and then watch my soap opera, days of our lives, from 12:30-1:30. my younger cousin also watched dool, so we would talk about the show and who we had a crush on. (if my memory serves me right, it was bo.)
i remember swimming at my neighbor's house and working on my tan, which was a high priority back then. a few years i had a seasons pass to six flags, so we would go almost every weekend to hang out with friends. summer time also meant a later curfew.

summer in madison is amazing and i am looking forward to raising my family in such an active town and building memories and traditions here. (minus dool of course)

No comments: