Thursday, October 7, 2010

APPLE PICKING



Yesterday was a perfect fall day, so we took the afternoon and went apple picking.

It was the first time that Chris or Liliana have gone apple picking (I guess apple orchards aren't a common trait in TX). I haven't been since elementary school. It was so much fun!



We couldn't have asked for a prettier day and the apples were delicious. I am so amazed at the varieties that one fruit offers. Of course we sampled our way through the orchard and there's such distinct differences.
(SIDE NOTE- I was a little nervous as we sampled because several years ago Chris bit into an apple and his front tooth fell out. He looked like the biggest hill billy. After he had it fixed, the dentist told him he needed to cut apples in slices to eat, so that his cap would not fall out. It is a habit at home to always cut apples, but neither of us thought about it for our trip to the orchard. Fortunately, we left with all teeth in place)





I'm looking forward to some home made apple sauce and apple turn overs. Mmm .. Mmmm...

1 comment:

Robin said...

I'll be right over for an apple turnover and some snuggles with Liliana. :-)