Saturday, October 30, 2010

My neck of the woods this week

This has been a good week. We had some friends stay the night with Liliana so that Chris and I could to go a bed-n- breakfast. Before she came along, we used to have a get away a few times a year. But since becoming parents, this is only our 2nd time to go anywhere for the night. It was so needed and we had a wonderful time together.

We had our family "Walt Disney night" watching the first half of Fantasia. Usually for family movie night we get in our pajamas and climb up in our bed and watch the movie together. I love being as a family and Fantasia was a great show to watch this week- it is basically classical music with animation, which we all enjoyed.



Last night we had 2 of our Chinese friends over for dinner. They cooked at our house and made some of the most delicious Chinese food I have ever eaten. We learned more about Chinese culture and history and it was such a fun time.

Today I have been doing laundry and getting some food ready for our Halloween dinner tomorrow. We are trick or treating with some other families and then having dinner together. I can't wait...

1 comment:

Robin said...

Okay, question: I always wonder what Disney movies are "suitable" for young toddlers and since you have these movies nights, could you give me a list? I have found so many Disney movies to be pretty scary, and my kids are sensitive to that stuff. Any ideas on the ones that would be okay? Which ones have Liliana watched?