Monday, March 14, 2011

Prayer booklets

Yesterday I was making a little prayer booklet for my daughters.

One of my favorite things about this age is feeding times. I loved feeding Liliana her bottle when she was little and would always take that time to pray over her and for our family. I guess my brain is more full now, so I need something to help me get focused on what to pray for; hence the little flip book of prayer topics. When I am feeding Sophie I flip open my little prayer book and spend some time praying for both the girls.

I feel like there is so much to pray for and it is exciting to think about helping shape these little lives.

I was thinking back to 2 other times I made prayer booklets. One was in high school. I was starting to learn more about the Bible and Jesus and I made a prayer book filled with different Bible verses to pray over my life. It was one of the most helpful ways to learn Scripture and made my prayer life so rich. I now have many of those verses memorized, simply from making that little book.

The second book was after I got married. I wanted to learn how to be a good wife and how to pray specific blessings over my husband. I made a book tailored to Chris and would pray through it on a regular basis. Many of those prayers have come to pass.

I think prayer is one of the best outlets God has given us as humans. We can talk to our Creator, listen, and have this amazing outlet to process life and request good things. It is such a gift. It reminds us of what is important and sets our minds on truths.

I am looking forward to seeing fruit and good things come from my little prayer booklet.

No comments: