Sunday, March 20, 2011

Recovering from Sickness

This weekend I was hit with food poisoning in a major way. I was up all night with trips to the bathroom and some the next day as well. I have to confess I am a horrible sick person. My attitude stinks and I feel sorry for myself whenever I feel miserable. I know some people have the ability to be chipper in the midst of sickness, but not me.

Saturday night I was feeling blah, so I asked Chris to pray with me. I didn't want to have a bad attitude and it was just getting worse. Chris listened to all my complaints and then he suggested we just take a few minutes to think about all we have to be thankful for in our lives. I knew his suggestion was a good one, so I agreed and we started.

At first it was kind of lame, but then as we kept at it, I could just feel the heaviness and bad mood lifting. It is amazing the power of thanks in our lives. I went from feeling sorry for myself to excited about life and all the good things I have going on. I was able to spend some good quality time with Chris and then later journal and spend some more time with God.

Yay for thanks! (and Yay that food poisoning is gone and I can eat again today)

No comments: