Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day

This was Chris' first Father's Day. It's crazy to think that last year at this time we had no idea Liliana even existed, much less would be our daughter. Life can be full of surprises.

3 days before FD Liliana and I were in St. Louis visiting family for a baptism. (more on that in another blog entry). I am not the type of wife that can be apart long from their spouse. I know many people travel and have to spend extended periods of time away, but I just am not wired that way. So, on the ride back to Madison I called Chris how many times? I missed him so much.

Since we were gone for 3 days, all Chris wanted to do for Father's Day was to be near us and have a low key time at home. He was in the mood for some sort of Italian flavors and salad. So, I made a yummy chicken and roasted red pepper alfredo pizza with feta and parmesan cheese. We cooked it outside on the grill and I also made a big salad to go with it.

We played a lot with Liliana- she was super wound up... she gets that way when we travel and she gets out of her routine. But it was hilarious and she was totally cracking us up. After her nap, Chris and Liliana went to go rent a romantic movie and get some treats for Mommy and Daddy to have when Liliana went to bed.

We snuggled on the couch with treats and we were in paradise. We have full schedules, so to have an evening to lounge around and chill with a movie was so great. It was a perfect first Father's Day. :-)

No comments: