Sunday, July 26, 2009

backpack time

It's funny the things you say you will never do when you have kids and then lo and behold kids come and you do that exact thing.

So, I confess, I bought one of those backpacks for Liliana with the tail that I hold on to. Others refer to it as "the leash".

It was the best $10 that I have ever spent.

L and I can walk down the sidewalk now without me worrying about her going into the street or having to sprint to catch her and grab her from potential danger. We went to the zoo the other day and I brought her backpack with us so that after awhile in the stroller she could get out and walk around. Another mom saw me with the "leash" and had that look on her face...the one where you secretly want to buy the leash but don't know if people will think you are a weirdo; then you get hopeful that someone you know owns one and maybe you can go ahead and get one too.

By the end of our time at the zoo she was
A. relieved to know that her son isn't the only one that dashes off any chance he gets
B. heading straight to Target to buy one.

1 comment:

Robin said...

after the weekend we had we are heading out to buy two. i've been considering them for weeks now, but just haven't made the move. i'd much rather have some critical parents look at me weird than have my children get hit by a car. so i think it's all in the perspective. good for you for getting a leash!