Thursday, July 16, 2009

Meet the Neighbors....

We have these amazing neighbors...
Last night 13 of us met outside and grilled pizzas, had an ice cream bar, played washers & play doh and had so much fun!

2 things have meant so much to me this past week from my neighbors....

1. Last weekend we had some people over for dinner and invited Kasey and her daughter Lily. (Lily was born on the exact same day as Liliana- Dec. 28, 2007. We hang out with them A LOT.)
Kasey made an amazing salad with feta cheese. She knows I am Greek, so she found an ethnic store so she could buy real feta cheese instead of the crumbled stuff you buy at the grocery store. It was so delicious and I couldn't believe she would take the time to go to Gino's Deli to buy the good stuff. She had never even been there before but scoped it out for me. And I have to say, the feta was great!

2. We have a new couple Scott and Cassie who just graduated in May and moved a few weeks ago to start their new jobs in Madison. Liliana loves Scott- he is super fun and great with kids, so he likes to play with her. Anyway, Scott and Cassie are already planning something for when Lily and Liliana turn 2. C was starting to tell us the other night, S told her to wait and that we would find out in 6 months what the surprise is. I haven't even thought about Liliana's 2nd b-day and here our neighbors are already brainstorming. Super sweet!

This is actually the first time in my life I have ever lived in an apartment and it has been a great experience. I met some more neighbors tonight in the next building that seem super nice as well. We even have a great maintenance guy from Albania and we plan to have dinner next week with him and his wife. What a fun little community we have!

No comments: