Friday, October 30, 2009

Miles, Milk and Velvet Freeze


One of Liliana's highlights is going to Panera. One of the other managers, Miles, is crazy about her. Whenever she comes in he let's her go behind the counter to the fridge and get a little box of organic milk. She lights up.
In fact, every time we drive by Panera, she says, "Miles". (She used to say "Daddy", but now it is all about Miles)

It reminds me of when I was a kid. When I was little my dad and my Uncle Bob owned a cafeteria together. I remember going there sometimes right after my Uncle Bob made a fresh pan of bread pudding or rice pudding. He would scoop me up a fresh bowl and it was absolutely delicious. I would also hang out up there with my younger cousin Mary. Once in awhile my dad would take us out for a treat to Velvet Freeze Ice Cream shop that shared the same parking lot as our cafeteria. It was the highlight of our month when we got to go get a sugar cone with our favorite ice cream. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

It's great when your family is in the food business!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love this entry. I think about our time growing up often...I love you very much and am so thankful we grew up more like sisters.