Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving


We had a FUN Thanksgiving. One thing I love is to cook with my husband. Chris is great at creating spices for meats (and he is an excellent barista, but that is a subject for another day). It was fun watching him create some rubs for the turkey and stuff our bird with all sorts of citrus, spices and such. We wanted to make sure we had plenty of food, so we ended up borrowing our neighbor's oven to cook up another turkey breast so that no one would go hungry.

Besides the food, I like Thanksgiving for the relationships. Most people are off that day, so we were able to make phone calls to family and friends we haven't talked to in awhile, which was nice. We ended up having a bunch of people from church cram into our apartment. I like seeing the dishes other people create and trying people's cooking. Thanksgiving is obviously a great holiday for that.

And of course Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful. Liliana took an extra long nap on Thursday and both Chris and I were able to spend a chunk of time journaling and just reflecting on all we have to be thankful for in life. It is a habit I practice regularly because it helps me keep good perspective in life, but it's nice that a holiday is dedicated to giving Thanks as well.

No comments: