Saturday, December 5, 2009

Uncle Aj's Gift

My brother in law is one of those great single guys without kids that all children like to be around. He worked in years as a juvenile corrections officer, so gives the appearance of a tough guy. (trust me, he has taken down plenty of kids in his line of work and you wouldn't want to mess with him) However, he is one of the most tender hearted guys you would ever want to meet.

Aj loves his nieces and nephews and goes over the top with gifts. One gift is a potty seat that sings. Chris put batteries in last week and it has been the highlight around here. I haven't been this intense potty trainer at all, but Liliana goes through waves where she wants to sit on her potty seat and read books. So, this past week was one of the waves. She didn't know that Daddy put batteries in and what would happen. Sheer joy. Who knew a song could making peeing so fun! Liliana was so excited when it happened that I had to spend the next 45 min sitting on the bathroom floor reading books because she didn't want to get up. She was waiting for more pee so she could hear the song again.



I'm so thankful AJ went over the top with this potty chair. To be honest I would have bought the cheapest one and thought- It's just a toilet seat. But I have to say, it has been worth it to see the excitement on her face. So fun.

No comments: