Friday, April 30, 2010

Randomness

I haven't been inspired lately in the blogging area, but I am making myself write entries until my writer's block is cured.

So today will be about randomness...

1. Earlier today a storm was heading in. I had a random notion to see if I could run to the library to get a book and beat the storm. I actually hate running- the worse days in school were the days we had to run the mile in PE class. But I had a random inkling to run/jog today. As I was jogging home there was a sprinkling just starting and it felt so refreshing. I don't plan to become a runner anytime soon, but it was a fun little jaunt.

2. I am in love with the word "special". I know I can't over use it or it will lose it's meaning, but it is amazing how this little adjective brings such joy to my daughter. Once something is labeled as "special" her excitement escalates. (I must say it has worked wonders with potty training. Her "special" princess pull ups have motivated her to use the potty all the time now.)

3. I am also fascinated with kitchen tables. We bought a new kitchen table we have been storing for a few months and planned to set it up when we move. Last week Chris decided he didn't want to wait any longer and set it up. It is huge and takes up our entire dining area in our apartment, but we love it. We talked about how much time in life is spent around a table. In our case, a lot. We have people over all the time and we are at the table for hours sometimes. So we wanted a large table with comfy chairs to better facilitate that. I have to say sitting at our big table promotes that well.

4. It is time to go get ready for an international party we are attending tonight. We are bringing iced Vietnamese coffee. They are always a hit at parties and are fairly simple to make. I guess they are just a "special" coffee treat to people.

No comments: