Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring Session at the Library

Liliana started her spring session of Toddler Time at the library today and it was so sweet.

First of all, we are in a new class and there is a precious little deaf boy in this class. I loved watching him interact with his mama. She would sign the books to him as we read and he got so excited. I had to catch myself from staring at them too much. I think parents of kids with any sort of special needs are just amazing. I know all parents love their kids, but it seems like there is a beautiful aura of grace and patience with parents of special needs kids.

Secondly, our librarian just adopted a little boy from Texas. I stayed after class for about a half hour talking to her, hearing her story, sharing my story. It was so encouraging to see her story play out like it has and I am so happy for her. She is a fantastic children's librarian and I am so happy to see her as a mommy now.

Yay for our library time and sharing life with these other parents!

No comments: