Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Monday Date

We have "date afternoon" every other Monday. I have a sweet friend who watches Liliana for 2 hours every other week so we can have a date.

This past Monday was beautiful so Chris and I went for a walk in a wooded area near the lake. It was perfect. There is something about being in nature and taking a stroll that is good for the soul. After our walk we went to Whole Foods before picking up Liliana. Whenever I go to Whole Foods, I like to get my creative juices flowing. I bought agave nectar and coconut flour, so I am going to try to make a berry crisp with these new ingredients. I have never used these 2 things before, so I am officially expanding my food repertoire.

I was thinking back to my childhood grocery store- Buy Rite. The produce section had iceberg lettuce- never would you see arugula or romaine. The baking section had all purpose flour- no Better for Bread or Spelt flour. I am all for the Mom and Pop shops, but I am glad that Buy Rite was replaced with the bigger grocery stores and specialty shops. There is so much to choose from and iceberg can get pretty boring.

Tonight we are having our family fun night. Games, a video and that berry crisp. We'll see if the new ingredients become a regular at our household.

No comments: