Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy Adoption Day





Although we had Liliana with us in July, August 4th is the official day we signed our adoption papers. So Chris and I decided that we wanted to make a tradition each year to celebrate Adoption Day. We are so thankful for this day and the joy of finally having Liliana as part of our family.

So we took a little day trip to Peck's Farm. It is in a small town outside Madison with absolutely beautiful views. Peck's Farm has goats, deer, ducks, fish and pigs you can feed and Liliana had so much fun. I love seeing the joy on her face when she saw all the animals. She was not afraid at all to reach out her hand to feed them and just giggled when they took the corn from her hand.

They have a little shop with yummy goods, and we found Sprecher's soda. A friend told me about this local WI soda- the flavor she told me about was cran-cherry soda with ginseng. Her sister (aka Alice in Dairyland) is this year's WI representative for promoting local foods and so she was promoting using this soda to make floats. So we picked up some vanilla bean ice cream and gave it a try. YUMMY! I never would have tried it if Wendy hadn't recommended it b/c it kind of sounded like a gross flavor. But it was so good. We don't usually give Liliana sugar, but we gave her a few bites of ice cream. She calls it "cold" instead of ice cream. "More cold, more cold" she kept saying.

I wrote several pages in my journal today about Liliana. I can hardly believe it has just been one year since she has been in our life. I can't even begin to picture life without her... she has helped me appreciate life in a way only a child can. I love her and am so thankful God has finally let me enjoy the beauty of motherhood. What a precious gift to be celebrated.

Happy Adoption Day Liliana Jae!!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Yay Liliana!!! :-)

Melissa Thompson said...

I love that her adoption day is on my birthday. :) I love her.