Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sounds of Fall


The other night I was driving to go work on my teaching for Sunday and decided to stop in a nearby neighborhood and go for a walk. The evening air was crisp, so I parked my car and headed out for a stroll to unwind and spend some time in prayer and reflection. This one particular street had a tree with tiny yellow leaves that had already begun falling from the tree. As I walked on that stretch of sidewalk I could hear the leaves crunching underneath my feet. The sound of that just did something to my soul. I took in the beautiful landscapes and trees, walked near the community garden, saw blooming flowers and veggies and life was good. The fresh air and half hour stroll was just what I needed.

I proceeded to Barnes and Noble, parked my laptop on the table with my decaf and typed away. I accomplished more the next 1.5 hours then I normally would have in 5 hours. It's funny b/c my sermon is on God's ability to multiply, as seen in the miracle of multiplying fish and loaves. Yet in this circumstance he multiplied my time- my need for refreshment and clarity in my Bible studying was definitely marked by God.

The sounds of fall are amazing!

No comments: