Friday, August 27, 2010

Hidden treasures






Our last day of StayCation 2010, we decided to spend the day in Milwaukee.

The only time we travel to Milwaukee is for the airport (they have cheaper flights when our family from Texas visits) and to go to the Brewers baseball game. So, my concept of Milwaukee was that it's just another city with liter and nothing much to boast about.

I was wrong.

First of all, we went to the lakefront and it was beautiful and clean. We spent time playing in the sand and on the playground near the beach. Now that I know we are only 1.5 hours away from a beautiful beach on the Great Lakes, this will be a family destination many times next summer. The lake is blue and gorgeous and feels like the ocean because you can't see the other side. It was a perfect day to walk and play on the beach!

Then, we ate at the most amazing Italian restaurant down town. Again, weather was awesome, so we ate outside and people watched. Chris decided that he offically ate his favorite Italian dish to date for lunch that day.

Next, we headed to Sprechers brewery for a tour and tasting.





Sprechers is a micro brew that makes great beer and also gourmet sodas. After the tour we were able to sample 4 beers of choice and unlimited sodas. Chris was excited about the beer and I was excited about the soda. This was the most delicious soda I have ever had in my life. I usually don't drink cream soda, but I have to say it was amazing. Same with cherry cola- this soda had no caffeine and you could taste the quality of ingredients compared to a regular coke. So yummy.

We brought along Liliana's princess tea cup so she could drink her milk in it while we tasted our samples. (Although I do admit I let her try a little ginger ale in her tea cup as well)





Milwaukee ended up being a city with hidden treasures. Can't wait to go back and explore some more.





No comments: