Tuesday, August 31, 2010

God's encouragement as we wait...

We are in the middle of trying to adopt our second child and have run into some complications, thus we are playing the waiting game.

Today, I checked e-mail and there was a a message from a friend back in the St. Louis area. This friend was so involved in our first adoption as far as encouraging me, praying for our family, and even fasting once a week on behalf of our child.

I haven't talked to her in awhile, so she has no idea what is going on with our adoption process. Anyway, she had a dream about our family last night, as it relates to our 2nd adoption, and wrote me about it to let me know she is praying for us.

When I read her e-mail, I was so encouraged and felt such a sense that God is near us and working on our behalf. I am amazed at God's love and the way He gives us signs of his presence all the time. He has always done special things for me in my life and He never stops.

I am also thankful that my friend took time to e-mail me. She has 5 small kids and a very busy life. It would have been so easy for her to dismiss that dream or not bother to tell me about it. But she is a devoted person when it comes to her walk with God and anytime she has a sense to pray for someone or share an encouraging word, she is prompt to do so. I think that is why God uses her so often to be a source of encouragement and blessing to others.

Even though we are sitting here in WI and our baby is somewhere in TX, I have such a peace today that God is hearing our prayers and working for the good of our family. What a great gift to have this morning!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Love to you, Christina.