Thursday, May 13, 2010

Love 146

My friend is working on a canvas display for Love 146 so we can raise more awareness about this organization through our networks. So I thought I would mention it on my blog today since it is on my mind.

A guy I used to work with co-founded this organization after a trip to Asia and being exposed to the human trafficking and slave trade kids are caught up in there. It ripped his heart out to see kids exploited, so he wanted to do something about it.



I've watched the awareness, support and effectiveness of this non profit grow over the years and I love supporting what they do and getting others on board. It is so easy to look away from these issues since most of us are probably not directly exposed and also because it is just hard to handle. When I read stories from their safe houses of kids who have escaped from the brothels, it makes me angry at the injustice happening.

I pray this work and others like it continue to grow until we can see the abolition of slavery.
LOVE146.org

No comments: