Monday, May 24, 2010

Some thoughts on LOST

There's mixed emotions about the season finale of Lost last night. Yes, there's details left unknown and as viewers we now have more questions than answers. (Did Jack actually have a son? Why was baby Aaron in the church- did he die as an infant? Why was Ben outside? On and on...)

However, in it's simplest form, I am reminded that in the end, all that matters is our relationships with people. I think we will realize that some of our questions in life are actually the wrong questions and they won't matter. At the end of the day, (or the end of life) who are my "loved ones"?

Tonight I went on a walk with Liliana and thought about this. I want everyday to be about people. Seriously, if a day goes by and it is not about people, it is a waste of a day.

Last week was an extremely busy week, yet we still made sure to linger at meals and invite friends into our home. We were joking with one of the guys we had for lunch. We ate and he was ready to get right back to work with a remodeling project he was doing for our church. We told him to relax and let me start the kettle for a cup of tea. We tend to be more European in our approach to lunch. We like to linger and enjoy our meal together. That's what life is about.

I'm still interested to find out more insights to LOST because it has been a brilliant show and we have enjoyed watching it. But in the meantime, I just want to love and enjoy people.

No comments: