Monday, May 10, 2010

A Year Ago Today...

we were driving to Madison from St. Louis to start a brand new chapter of life. It is hard to believe it has been a year!

Yesterday Chris and I were talking about what we have learned and how we have grown over this past year. It has been incredible for us. Starting something from scratch is kind of like having a new baby. It takes so much attention and energy. (more than we could have known until we did it). But then, these growth spurts happen and you look and think, "Wow, look where we are at now. This is amazing."

One major area of growth for me has simply been trying. I am not as afraid to fail or look stupid or experiment with new ideas. I remember reading once stats about the top baseball players with records for stolen bases. The #1 guy has held the record simply because he tried more. He was willing to have be called out and thus tried more than any other baseball player. There is a lot to be said about trying.

I have learned lots more, but I'll save it for another day. Just wanted a quick little post to acknowledge 1 year in my new city!

1 comment:

Julie Kreke said...

happy anniversary! :)