Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My daughter is fascinated with wearing winter hats. Today it was sunny and warm in the 70's. Liliana insisted on wearing her summer dress and a blue winter tuke.

Usually she just wears her winter hats when she plays outside, but today she wanted to wear it when we ran errands and went to her library class. (Oh, and did I mention they aren't her hats? They are hats that Chris or I wear. So they are way too big for her and half the time they cover her eyes and she can't see where she is going)



I had a decision to make today. Will I be one of those moms that lets her kid pick out clothes, even if it is a purple shirt, blue pants and red tights? Or am I more concerned with Liliana's image and making sure she matches when she goes out in public?

As I was waking down the aisle at Kohl's and Office Max, many people smiled at Liliana. She did look cute, even though she had to be sweating in her hat. She ended up taking her hat off at the beginning of library class, but even if she hadn't I still would have been proud to be seen next to her. I hope she always feels confident and beautiful, no matter what she is wearing!

No comments: