Monday, February 28, 2011

Hooray for March!

We've been home over a week now and life is starting to settle in for our family. I am so thankful that March is beginning. Although February had an amazing gift of our daughter, it was a pretty overwhelming month for us. We have been exhausted and wiped out as a family, but I just sense that March is going to be full of fun, rest and celebration.

My sisters are coming up for 4 days to completely spoil us. My sister Bess is one of the most organized & clean people on the planet. She wants to cook up a bunch of meals to freeze, spring clean our place, and do whatever kind of practical stuff she can. My other sister Maria is an amazing aunt. She doesn't have kids of her own, so she goes overboard with her nieces and nephews. She always has crafts and games planned when the kids visit her. So, I know my girls will have a blast with her. They are also bringing my 10 year old niece to visit, since she is on Spring Break. Poor Chris is already outnumbered with 3 girls in the house and now it will be 6 females. I'm sure he will be slipping out and calling his guy friends that week, while we girls chat it up.




We also got invited to the twin cities for 3 days to be with the leader of Vineyard churches, Bert W. He is seriously one of the most wise people I have ever heard. He has an amazing passion for God, a thirst for knowledge and incredible humility. He is in his 60's, so when you hear him, it's totally like being with your grandpa. There's a handful of leaders from our region who were invited to spend a few days with him and we are so excited. The hosting church is putting us up in a hotel and providing a children's program for our kids. They host us once a year for these retreats and they totally spoil us- great food, great times together. It is a real treat.

March is also my birthday month. I reminded Chris tonight how much he was spoiled this year for Christmas and his birthday, so he can feel free to reciprocate. He always does a great job of celebrating my birthday and I'm sure he will have some fun and creative plan this year as well.

Yay for March! We have been waiting your arrival.

No comments: