Sunday, February 20, 2011

SOPHIE'S JOURNEY- HOME AT LAST

We are now home and Sophie is asleep in the next room as I type. Our week trip to Texas turned into almost 2 weeks with lots of unexpected events. To be honest, the past few weeks are kind of a blur to me, but the main thing is that Sophie is part of our family.

We got back yesterday around midnight. I put her in her crib and Chris said, "This is what we have been praying for. Here she is".




Sophie is a doll. Her eyes are so full of life. She smiles constantly. I was preparing myself for a baby that was unresponsive and fragile, but instead we have a daughter who loves to snuggle and be close and make great eye contact. Even though her life has had some twists and bumps, it is as if this huge shield protected her heart and spirit. Our social worker commented on her emotional health and so did my in laws. It is so evident that God's hand has been on her in these months we have been separated. I now pray that we can be good parents to raise her and help her learn to love God and live life to the fullest as a safe, healthy, thriving girl.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Okay, that picture is killing me. Seeing you as a mama is so fitting. So much love to you and your precious family, Christina. And especially to little Sophie.