Sunday, January 24, 2010

De -Cluttering and Happy

So, yeah, I am actually blogging about getting organized...

I don't really consider myself the "clutter" type, but we are in the middle of going through each room and doing some massive de-cluttering and organizing. The basement storage is on the list for this week. I sense a bag of goodies will be heading to Goodwill after our time there.

All those "zen" claims are true. It is amazing how less stuff, that is well- organized, really does help bring a sense of peace and order.

I am so glad we are doing this. It has been a good challenge for us to live in a 2 bedroom apartment for this season and see what we actually need and what really is non-essential.
I've also been realizing how I always default to my favorites and really don't need a ton..

... I have my favorite black comfy pants I like to change into when I come home. (don't we all have a favorite pair of jeans or pants?)

my favorite cookie sheet for baking- i always by pass the others and use this particular one.

my favorite pilot pens i use for writing ( i still have no idea how we ended up with so many other random pens that we both hate using to write with and clutter up our pen container)

etc...

sure i have fondue pots we bust out once a year at new years eve ( well, at least we used to before we had a toddler. fondue and 2 don't seem to mix) and fun heart shaped pan for a big Valentine's day cookie, but i am choosy over what stuff i am now allowing to be excess.

i guess the true test will come this week when i hit the basement....

No comments: