Thursday, January 14, 2010

MN or Bust

Liliana and I took a little Mommy Daughter Road trip this week to Minneapolis. I had some regional pastor meetings to attend and they graciously offered child care, so Liliana accompanied me.

I am so appreciative of the leaders of the Vineyard. The older generation has such a heart to champion and see us younger leaders grow in God and succeed as the next generation of pastors. One thing that struck me was the fatherly heart our speaker portrayed. It's interesting how in different seasons of your life you realize your need for your parents. My dad passed away over 3 years ago and I found myself relating to this speaker as I would my own dad.

You typically think of your childhood as the time you really need your parents, but I think we need our parents our whole lives. It looks different based on the season of life you are in, but I don't think that need ever goes away. We need our parents to love us, believe the best in us and also love on our own kids. So, it was a sweet time of being reminded of that and seeing God demonstrate His love to me in ways I least expect it, like a pastoral meeting in MN.



I'm thankful that God knows our needs at times when we aren't even in touch and He gives us just what our heart wants.

No comments: