Thursday, January 7, 2010

My First week of 2010


My first week of 2010 has come and gone. How about it for the new year?

Started off great with a chili party . We followed a tradition from some friends who have an open house on New Years Day. Great idea, right? Everyone sleeps in and most people have the day off, so it is a perfect opportunity to get together later in the day and hang out. We had so much fun that we decided we want to make it a tradition in our household.

Had a good prayer time with my prayer partner and friend. It's always good when we connect to share about life and pray for each other.

Preached on Sunday. We have been listening to our sermons to evaluate how we sound.. we are trying to mindful of "ums", how our delivery goes, etc.. So I listened to my sermon and just laughed. I asked Chris, "When do I breathe?" I am surprised I haven't fainted when I preach. Naturally when there is a subject I am passionate about, I talk really fast. I know I must breathe somewhere in there, but at times I am going at lightning speed and have no idea where my oxygen comes from. Quite funny.

Had the most draining 1.5 work days ever helping Chris with end of the year accounting and getting out tax receipts for non-profit giving. Yuck stuff that has to get done, but just sucks the life right out of you if that is not your primary gift. (which is NOT ours)

Had some super productive times working with our graphic artist and getting some material set in place for the new year. Super excited about what lies ahead this year and have lots of anticipation for our church's growth.

Shared in some amazing conversations and openness with a few different church members this week. It is precious, absolutely precious, when someone trusts you and shares a part of their life where they want to see God come in and heal and restore and meet them. Every time I get a chance to hear people's journey with God, listen and pray for them I walk away so thankful for my job. THIS is what my life calling is- to pastor people. To rejoice in good times and stand alongside in trials. Got a taste of that this week and it renewed me.

Read a new book. Wrote in my journal. Watched a movie. Ate some new foods I hadn't tried before. Went out for gigantic burritos with my family that were delicious. Had some of Liliana's friends over for a little b-day party. Started up our toddler time at the library which we love. Worked out. Had lots of fun with Chris. Felt God's love in new ways and loved Him back.

I'd say 2010 is off to a good start. :-)

No comments: