Saturday, March 6, 2010

More Tea Please

This morning I have been playing "Cafe" with Liliana. We were in St. Louis last week closing on our house (woo hoo) and her cousin gave her a kitchen set to bring back to Madison. It is all Liliana wants to play with every day. So I have been ordering tea and croissants all morning, while Liliana cooks and serves me.

I remember having an olive green metal kitchen set as a kid. I loved it. I would play hours with it on our back enclosed porch. This got me thinking of other favorite toys as a kid.. my metal pool in the summer time, pretend desks in my basement so I could play school, my mom's clip on earings and high heels for dress up, my purple banana seat bike with training wheels, on and on..
(I do confess that when Rubik's cube came out I tried to peel off the stickers and rearrange the colors that way because I couldn't figure out how to work it otherwise)

When I was a little older we had a tradition of buying a new board game every Christmas and playing as a family until we got sick of it. I remember lots of rounds of Taboo and Uno.

Games and toys are so much fun- even now as an adult it is fun to relive those carefree days as a kid with my daughter.

No comments: